As the season starts to change, our thoughts are turning towards fall fairs. We love how Fall Fairs bring people together to celebrate and promote our communities. In honour of all our County fall fairs, we thought it would be fun to have a Simcoe County Museum Virtual Fall Fair.
Rules of the Virtual Fall Fair
- There is no fee to participate in our virtual fair. It is open to any resident of the County of Simcoe.
- Entries must be submitted through the Museum email. Put “museum fall fair” in the subject line, include your Full name, Age (for under 18 submissions), what category you are submitting for and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for judging and final reveal.
- Entries are to be submitted as an Image. Entries will be judged solely on the image submitted.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm on Friday, September 25th.
- Only one entry is allowed per person in each individual category any the same image cannot be entered in more than one section.
- Judging will take place and winners will be revealed the week of September 28-October 4.
- Winners will receive a virtual ribbon. Monetary prizes are not being awarded.
Art - (At the end of the month we'll award 3 virtual ribbons for the “Art Category”.
One for ages under 8, one for ages 8 and up, and one "Museum's Choice")
A1 -“Second Time Around” a design using recycled materials.
C2 - Photo of a new craft you learned during COVID-19.
D1– Porch Decoration (Theme is Autumn)
D2 – Door Wreath (Theme is Autumn)
F1 - Flower arrangement of your best garden blooms
F2 - Arrange any 4 fresh cut flowers in a vase or container of water.
G1 - Most uniquely shaped vegetable
P1 - Photographer’s Choice
P2 - Portrait of Your Pet