Skate Trail Hours (weather permitting): Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Check here, or social media, for regular updates before you head to the Museum to skate.
The scenic Simcoe County Museum Skating Trail is now open! The new skating trail is a loop just over one kilometer that travels through the Museum's heritage buildings and forest pathways. The Skating Trail is open in the evenings on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Trail is open during these hours, weather permitting. Please check the Museum website (museum.simcoe.ca), Facebook (@simcoecountymuseum) and Twitter (@simcoecountyMUS) accounts for the latest trail conditions. Admission prices includes admission to the museum.
|Skate Trail ||Cost|
| Day Pass|| |
| Adult (25+)|| $ 10.00 |
| Adult member|| $ 8.00 |
| Child/Youth (4 - 24) || $ 8.00 |
| Child/Youth member|| $ 6.00 |
| Preschool (under 3) || Free |
| Multi-Day Passes|| |
| Four pack – four day pass|| $ 35.00 |
| Individual monthly pass || $ 55.00 |
Rules and Tips for safe use of the Skating Trail:
- Use at own risk.
- It is recommended that all skaters wear CSA approved helmets.
- Skaters must obey staff at all times.
- The following is not permitted on the ice:
- Hockey pucks or sticks
- Toboggans or sleds
- Food or drink
- No one is permitted on the ice without skates.
- Skate aids are permitted if required.
- Carrying children in arms while skating is not permitted.
- Sturdy strollers and wheelchairs are permitted on the ice skating trail. Please check wheels for sand or grit before moving onto the ice surface.
- All skaters must travel clockwise on the trail, following the trail signs.
- Inappropriate behaviour is not permitted: No games such as tag, crack the whip, or racing, no pushing, tripping, checking, and no profanity.
- No headsets, cellphones or handheld devices are to be used while skating.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.