Skate Trail Status - CLOSED Wednesday, February 19.
The Skating Trail is a loop just over one kilometer that travels past the Museum's heritage buildings and through our scenic forest pathways.
Trail Hours and Fees
Tuesdays: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Thursdays: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Fridays: noon to 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
|Skate Trail ||Cost|
| Day Pass|| |
| Adult (25+)|| $ 10.00 |
| Adult member|| $ 8.00 |
| Child/Youth (4 - 24) || $ 8.00 |
| Child/Youth member|| $ 6.00 |
| Preschool (under 3) || Free |
| Multi-Day Passes|| |
| Four pack – four day pass|| $ 35.00 |
| Individual monthly pass || $ 55.00 |
Admission prices include admission to the Museum.
Rules and Tips for safe use of the Skating Trail:
- Use at own risk.
- It is recommended that all skaters wear CSA approved helmets.
- Skaters must obey staff at all times.
- The following is not permitted on the ice:
- Hockey pucks or sticks
- Toboggans or sleds
- Food or drink
- No one is permitted on the ice without skates.
- Skate aids are permitted if required.
- There are no skate rentals available at the Museum.
- Carrying children in arms while skating is not permitted.
- Sturdy strollers, sledges and wheelchairs are permitted on the ice skating trail. Please check wheels for sand or grit before moving onto the ice surface.
- All skaters must travel clockwise on the trail, following the trail signs.
- Inappropriate behaviour is not permitted: No games such as tag, crack the whip, or racing, no pushing, tripping, checking, and no profanity.
- No headsets, cellphones or handheld devices are to be used while skating.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.