The Simcoe County Museum offers special events all year round. Annual special events include drop in activities during school breaks, Wheels and Tracks and Last Blast, Family Day and Christmas, Past and Present. Be sure to check the Museum's calendar page on this website often for a complete list of upcoming Museum activities.
Summer Sundays: July 3 - August 21, 2016
Looking for something unique to do with your friends or family this summer? Why not have a stay-cation with us at the Simcoe County Museum? Every Sunday afternoon we have different activities for you to enjoy – all included with your admission. Pick your favourites or come for them all!
- July 3 – Campfire Cooking – Indulge in a delicious mix of old-meets-new recipes cooked right over the fire!
- July 10 – Bike Rodeo – Learn bike safety with the SMDHU and OPP and try out the cool Hardwood Hills obstacle course! Bring your own bike and helmet to ride our trails, or borrow one on site from Firebird Cycle.
- July 17 – Gargantuan Games Day – We've recreated our favourite board games to monstrous sizes! Ker-Plunk, Tic-Tac-Toe and Pick-Up Sticks and more. Are you big enough to beat your family?
- July 24 – Early Settler Trades Day – Help make rope and brooms and watch blacksmithing demonstrations as we explore trades from the early 19th century.
- July 31 – Summer Sundaes – Experience music, toys, fads and vehicles that were all the rage of the 1950s. Create your own sweet sundae complete with whip cream and a cherry on top!
- August 7 – Under Construction – Feel the awesome rumble of historical construction equipment in action! Bull dozers, steam engines, and more working on the grounds for this special day.
- August 14 – Gargantuan Games Day – This day is so much fun that we're doing it twice. We've recreated our favourite board games to monstrous sizes! Ker-Plunk, Tic-Tac-Toe and Pick-Up Sticks and more. Are you big enough to beat your family?
- August 21 – Jam Session – Fresh summer berries make the best jam – and we'll teach you how to make your own sweet goodness to take home!
- NEW August 28 - Crazy for Corn - Celebrate the
corn harvest with the Simcoe County Museum. Make your own corn husk doll,
compete in corn lawn darts, and sample fresh sweet corn. The only thing that
you have to bring is your appetite!
Pre-registration is not required. Regular Museum rates apply.
Museum After Hours: July 5 - August 30, 2016
Ever wonder what goes on at the Simcoe County Museum after hours? Wonder no longer – come and see for yourself! Museum After Hours runs every Tuesday evening from July 5 to August 30 with five rotating themes to experience:
July 5 and August 2 – Back to Basics, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Delight in delicious treats baked in our bread oven while getting back to the basics with us. Bread oven baking, hand churned butter, rope making, and candle making will be the featured lessons these nights.
July 12 and August 9 – Spirit Tours, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Let us give you goose bumps as we take a spirit tour of the Museum and hear spooky Simcoe County stories.
July 19 and August 23 – After Dark, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
The Museum looks very different in the dark. Supply your own flashlights or lanterns from home to create your own shadows as you enjoy a guided tour of our indoor galleries (battery operated lights only please).
July 26 and August 16 – Family Game Night, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Snack on bread oven pizza, chips, popcorn and challenge each other to see who can take it all during our good, old fashioned Family Games Night. Don't forget to wear your PJ's!
August 30 – Movie Night: The Jungle Book (2016), 8:30 p.m. – 10:15 p.m.
Nothing says summer like watching a movie under the stars! Watch a new release blockbuster projected on the side of our barn – we supply the popcorn – you bring your pop, chairs and blankets. The movie will be moved inside in case of inclement weather.
Regular Museum rates apply.
2016 Simcoe County Quilt, Rug and Craft Fair
Merchant Application and Advertising Form
2016 Simcoe County Heritage Fair
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Simcoe County Heritage Fair.
To view project photos please visit www.ohhfa.ca/-_Simcoe_County.php
Check out the 2016 Events Calendar for more information!
For more information regarding our events please go to our Events Calendar page, e-mail email@example.com or phone 705-728-3721.