The Simcoe County Museum offers special events all year round. Annual special events include drop in activities during school breaks, Wheels and Tracks and Last Blast, Family Day and Christmas, Past and Present. Be sure to check the Museum's calendar page on this website often for a complete list of upcoming Museum activities.
This Summer spend your stay-cation with us every Sunday afternoon in July and August. Your friends and family will love this one of a kind experience, and every day is complete with its own delicious treat.
Summer Sundays run from 1 – 4:30 p.m. Themes include:
- July 2 - Happy Birthday Canada: Celebrate Canada's 150 Birthday with cake, games and more.
- July 9 and 30 – Time for Tea: Make your own tea, and pair it with home-made scones fresh from the bread oven.
- July 16 and August 6 – Jam Session: We will use berries of the season to make the sweetest homemade jam.
- July 23 – Trades Day: Learn about some of those forgotten trades from the early 19th century.
- August 13 – All About the Grains: What's better than homemade bread baked in the bread oven? How about homemade butter made with your own two hands.
- August 20 – HCEA Building Simcoe County: The Museum grounds come alive with dozers, land movers, crushers and more.
- August 27 – Butterfly Paradise: Help these threatened species by learning how to create a paradise of your own.
Museum After Hours
This Summer join us as we bring the Simcoe County Museum alive with Museum After Hours. Every Tuesday evening explore through Canada's past with games, activities and family friendly fun. The program runs from 7 – 9 p.m. and there are five different rotating themes, so make sure to come to them all.
- July 4 and August 1: The Victorian Ghost – Join us as we spend the night with a favourite Victorian past-time and tell our spookiest ghost stories.
- July 11 and August 8: There's been a Murder – This night is filled with deception, intrigue, and murder. Can you help solve the case?
- July 18 and August 15: Canada at War – Learn about Simcoe County's contribution during the war, and our participation in the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
- July 25 and August 22: Roaring Twenties – Before the crash of the thirties life was soaring, and you can experience some of the fun with this 1920s inspired night.
- August 29: That 70s Day – Celebrate all that is the 70s with an evening of games, crafts and a bit of trivia.
Simcoe County Quilt, Rug and Craft Fair
Join us as we host the annual Simcoe County Quilt, Rug and Craft Fair running September 15 to 17, 2017 at the Simcoe County Museum. The event celebrates the finest in quilting, embroidery, rug hooking, spinning, hand weaving, lacemaking and more. These traditional activities, and the beautiful heritage-style crafts they produce, will be on display, created and available for purchase during the event.
Explore the Museum and discover heritage crafts that have been practiced in Simcoe County for centuries. Many items are available to purchase, from one-of-a-kind products to supplies that will help you make your own masterpiece.
The Fair runs from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is $6 per person, per day, and includes access to most of the Museum's permanent indoor displays as well as outdoor heritage and display buildings.
For more information regarding our events please go to our Events Calendar page, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 705-728-3721.